Internship Technology Transfer
In September 2022, SBIC Noordwijk and NL Space Campus jointly began operating the ESA Technology Broker programme for the Netherlands to facilitate technology transfer activities. Are you a student looking for an internship in the space sector? Are you tech-savvy but also eager to work on strategy and communication? If the answer is yes, then seize this opportunity and join the ESA Technology Broker NL.
The broker acts as the intermediary partner to stimulate collaboration between the space and non-space industries. Linking space solutions to industrial challenges is of particular interest in the following four sectors with a high socio-economic impact: Agri-food, Energy, Logistics & Transportation, and High-tech. During this internship, you will be supporting the ESA Technology Broker by studying top sector technology roadmaps, identifying technology needs and matching those with potential coming from space technology.
- Research: Understand Top Consortium for Knowledge and Innovation (TKI) programmes policies, and find overlaps with space technologies.
- Events: Organise and participate in ESA Technology Broker NL events to validate matches.
- Scouting: Identify technology needs in various markets and scout for overlaps with space technologies.
- The assignment will start at the beginning of 2024. We are looking for one or two bachelor's or master's students to support the ESA Technology Broker programme in the Netherlands.
- Insight into the international space sector and the Dutch “Topsectoren”.
- A challenging multidisciplinary internship.
- An inspiring environment to develop a diverse set of skills.
- Travel expenses for job-related visits are covered, as well as fair internship compensation.
- A challenging and creative programme in a world-changing industry.
- Option to work (partly) remotely.
- Interest in economics with an affinity for technology.
- Currently enrolled in business administration/innovation management or similar (HBO/WO).
- A keen eye for marketing and communication.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (verbal and in writing).
- Flexible and a hands-on mentality.
- You must be based in the Netherlands.
- Recruitment process
If you are interested, please send your motivation letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your resume.
There is no deadline by which to apply to this internship vacancy at this stage; applications are considered on a first-come, first served basis. So, we advise you not to delay! The internship duration is flexible.